Monday, November 30, 2009

Pocket Sailboats

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Category: Life

On saturday I turn 44.

In poker terms that's "Pocket Sailboats". For the first time in many years (decades?) I am working on my birthday. Usually I take the day off or go on vacation for a few days but not this year. Many years ago I would go to Disneyland on my birthday with a date. I still have special memories of visiting the House of Mouse with a particular blonde woman many many years ago. We braved the maximum capacity crowds just to get on a few rides during a 12 hour day at the park. They actually shut the gates for a couple hours because Disneyland was at maximum capacity 50,000+ people on a 100 degree day! 2 hour wait just to ride Mr. Toad. As far as I was concerned there was just one other perosn there besides me, it was S.M. (anonimity kept). It didn't matter that we had to stand in lines for hours. That just meant more opportunities to talk. I was in love and when you are in love with someone there is no one else in the World but them. What I would not give to have one more day at the Magic Kingdom with S.M :)

So this year my B-day will more than likely be just another uneventful day. It will probbaly pass unnoticed by those around me except for family and my daughter calling me. And if if does it's not the end of the World because I can recall fond memories of a day spent 23 years ago at Disneyland like it was just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers