Monday, November 30, 2009

Kharmic dialogue

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Current mood: quixotic
Category: Religion and Philosophy

Ever feel like something is just beyond your grasp. You can see it but you cannot reach it? Like the trapeze acts in the circus. You have the flyer and the catcher. The flyer can see his goal. To be caught in mid-flight or mid-fall depending on your point of view before and to continue living life or the alternative, splatting into the ground below. The interesting thing about that scenario is that no matter what the flyer does right or wrong ultimately it is up to the catcher to make the catch determing his fate. I am at a point in my life where I have seen the goal but it has eluded me for reasons not of my making. I have been fortunate to have met the "one" the "love of my life", my "soul-mate" not once but twice. 22 years apart but the same person. Don't get me wrong I do believe we can love many different people in our lives as well as be loved by many different people. But we all know we really want the "one" if we get the shot. My "shot" was deflected by another before I could get the ring on her finger. I recently had the opportunity to discuss this with my "one" and the thing that seperated us from a life-long marriage was nothing I could have prevented. To give the Readers Digest version, crazy, pyscho ex-husband got in the way. What I guess I am saying here not so eloquently is that when you feel like the "one" is just out of your reach don't stop reaching because you might get lucky and get caught. And if you don't, it's may not have had anything to do with what you did or did not do so don't tear yoursefl up over it. But as long as you keep reaching out you still have a chance to get caught. And it may not be by the "one" you thought it would be. Of course you will still probably splat a few times in the process but what the hell, love is like cartoon physics. You get flat as a pancake the shake it off and move on.

Currently listening:
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born
By Branford Marsalis
Release date: 01 October, 1991

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers