Monday, November 30, 2009

Once more unto the breach...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Category: Romance and Relationships

Fear. It pervades my life. It causes me to take turns I do not neccessarily wish to take. There are times when I override it and go where i wish to go. Today for instance. Starting a friendship with a new woman. Some of you out there are probably thinking "Fear? What Fear?" what is so fearful about starting a new relationship, hell I do it all the time" Well, for some of us it's a difficult thing to do given that we have had many failed relationships with only a precious few succesful ones. Not just failed relationships but relationships that crashed and burned in epic stature. The stuff movies are based on. So it's not a fear of asking someone out or the possibilty happiness. Hell no I welcome happiness, I embrace it every chance I get. It's the fear of having put yourself on the line again only to crash and burn. AH but you say "just get back up and do it again". That is all fine and well but after so many crashes a small part of you get's left behind in the ashes you tend to get a little protective of the pieces that are left. You get a little picky about risking those pieces again. But I am a hopeful romantic so I say "Once more unto the breach my friends, once more..." wish me luck ;)

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers