Monday, November 30, 2009

The End of the Innocence

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Category: Life
The End of the Innocence

There comes a point in your life when you wonder "How the Hell did I get here?" It comes to you out of the blue one day. You are cruising along the road of your life having a good time when like a bump in the road that jars you out of your bliss that thought pops in you head. For me it actually happened about 5 years ago. Ever since then things have not gone they way I had hoped they would. Finances, romances (or lack there of) work. Goals slip away and sometimes I just don't give a shit about it anymore. Sometimes I care too much.

A long time ago in a what feels like a galaxy far far away I was a cheerful, funny guy. The kinda guy everyone wanted to hang with. Be frends with. Date as well! Somewhere along the way I got off that track. You would think it would be easy to just "be who you want to be" or "who you were before" but for me that has become difficult and I don't know why. I get accused of being a 'negative' person. Geez, if those people had only known me pre-2000 they would accuse me of being Jerry Seinfeld or Woody Allen and not taking things serious enough. What they interpret as 'negativity' is just my calling "bullshit" when I see it. I wish it was a simple as just 'being' who I was prior to 5 years ago (this summer) but it's not. I fear that one person alone holds the key and unfortunatley they have misplaced it.

Currently listening:
The End of the Innocence
By Don Henley
Release date: 19 June, 1989

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers