Friday, April 30, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

The end of April has brought a new beginning. May promises to open a door that has been closed far too long. In rewinding the YouTube channel of my past life experience I have finally learned the lesson it has been trying to teach. When I have someone of interest in my life I become more interesting to other women. Something that I never acted upon or from which I reaped any benefit. In the past I have always followed the path of one person at a time. There is nothing wrong with that except I would follow this pattern even at the first date stage. And when that didn't work out I would realize I missed out on opportunity with another woman. I would then think "ah now I can go ahead and ask out (insert name here)" but someone else would always have beaten me to the punch! Right now I am in what could probably at best be called a "limbonic relationship" (Yes I made up LIMBONIC, think "limbo" and you get the gist) with a woman I consider special in many ways and frustrating in others. A dear friend of mine got married last week and at the wedding I had a chance to voice some of my concerns and my desires about said relationship (or whatever the Hell it is!) and she listened and understood. We had a great evening. I had never felt more comfortable with someone in a very long time then I did that night just talking and enjoying a friends wedding. Well of course this mean that I started giving off the look at me I'm happy vibe for the next few days. And a funny thing happened. My sense of humor came back to me (yes I used too be a damn funny guy) and apparently it is to women what a light bulb on a warm Summer evening is to a moth. So I have laid before me opportunity. An opportunity to enjoy life without drama, without conditions. And I am finally doing something about it! Don't get me wrong I really want the "limbonic relationship" to become a well-defined relationship but until then I will not repeat the mistakes of my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers